Friday, April 16, 2010

Shark Attack

We added a new character yesterday, the so far unnamed shark warrior. I've been working on the art for this character on and off over the last two weeks. The shark is going to act as our strength character. While the blind warrior will be our DPS and the Bargle is going to fill the intelligence/tech role. At least, that's our thinking so far, the game is ever changing.



I put some time in after I finished the sprite work and got a pretty decent run sequence going. Since I've been working on this game I've been using the book Cartoon Animation by Preston Blair as a reference. The book is very old school and at first glance looks a bit cheesy but it's actually packed with tons of good information ranging from character creation to animation sequences. It's also very easy to find online for free.



I based the shark's run sequence off of the sequence below. It translated pretty well but I did have to add one more frame to the sequence to get it looking right.




No comments:

Post a Comment