Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rock n' Roll Arm

The main addition in this update is what I call the "rock n' roll arm". Last update, I added the ability to aim your shots in any direction, 360 degrees, using a crosshair. Unfortunately, this didn't look very good when shooting in any direction except straight ahead because the animation for the hero just has him aiming straight ahead. I fixed this by replacing his shooting arm from the defined animation with a special arm that will rotate to aim wherever you are aiming. This looks much better, and when you circle his arm around it looks like he's rockin out really hard. Aside from this, I also added character-to-character collision and a hollywood style slow motion effect which can be scripted. The new collision allows for characters to push each other around. The slow motion effect is simply to add some style, and to show it off, I added it as part of the attack combo animation I created a few weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment